- I cut my heart out with a kitchen knife and threw it in the sea at high tide because it no longer served me.
- I built a boat from driftwood to look for it, but it had sunk beneath the waves.
- Early this morning, I walked the beach at low tide hoping to find it, sheathed in delicate seaweed; to gather it back and let it dry in the distant winter sun.
- At dusk, I gathered it in a broken music box from my deceased grandmother and spoke to it all night because I could not remember the melody.
- Come back, I didn’t mean to run the car in the garage. I just might need you.
- The House is very quiet. Ashamed, I dodge all the mirrors and turn back the clocks to a different day when somebody held me against starlight.
- Nothing is forever except forever.
- Laughter still may fill the colossal gap between y and z, the ending.
- It is time to sit with the ghosts of the House and tell them everything.
- They are afraid for me.
- It all became so difficult to breathe, to find things worth finding.
- And then the Book was returned to me; the stones in my chest once again became pages.
This entry was posted in General
. Bookmark the permalink